Monday, April 25, 2011

Change

I started Abilify on the 19th.  It has definitely been an adjustment.  I'm on a low dosage, but I could already feel the affects; good and bad.  The first few days, it was mostly bad, but now that my body is adjusting and I'm also taking a higher dose (went from 5 mg to 10 mg) I'm feeling better each day!

Good:  I feel more settled.  I can regulate my temper more easily.  I feel more motivated.  I'm getting back into a routine/schedule with my life.  I don't feel so depressed. 

Bad:  I feel sluggish.  It seems I'm moving in slow motion.  My mind has trouble focusing and I feel sleepy during the day.  I can't take some of my workout supplements because they are "stimulants".  My legs, feet, hands feel heavy. 

We'll see how things go over the next couple weeks and I'll talk to my doctor.  I'm also looking into natural ways to battle Bipolar Disorder.  I've heard of Lithium Orotate, a natural Lithium that is supposedly healthier and safer than prescription Lithium.  I need to do more research.

Change is good for me right now.  Anything that can help me feel better and get back to having a happy and healthy life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment