Sunday, May 8, 2011

Knowing your body

My doctor had put me on 10mg of Abilify.  I was to take 5mg for one week and then double the dose the next week.  Well, two weeks at 10mg, and I knew something was wrong.  My limbs felt like lead, I couldn't work, I couldn't sleep at night, but couldn't stay awake during the day, couldn't drive a car, couldn't couldn't couldn't.  More couldn'ts that coulds and I knew that I COULDN'T live that way...

My appointment is tomorrow, but I went ahead and cut myself back down to 5mg this past week and I'm feeling much much much better.  I'm really looking forward to speaking with my doctor and letting her know how I am feeling.  We have to know our own bodies and speak up when things don't feel right.  I'm curious to hear what she has to say and if she feels that this is best for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment